Saturday, April 23, 2011

Finally to New York!

I finally left the Missionary Training Center this past week to begin my mission in Rochester New York, Albanian Speaking. I entered the MTC on Jan. 19, 2011 with my little brother Max (Elder Vaterlaus). We both recieved our calls at the same time and entered the MTC the same day. He is currently serving in Bahia Blanca Argentina! In the MTC he learned Spanish and I learned Albanian. It is so crazy how the Lord KNOWS where we need to go on our missions when we choose to serve. I was orginaly called to serve in the Tirana Albania mission, but because of medical issues I was no longer able to leave the country. I was reassigned to NY. I was so excited! When you get a mission call from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints everyone around you guesses where your going to go. I guessed New York. I was SCHOCKED when I saw Albanian, and was a little worried how I would make it through, however I knew I could trust in the Lord to get me through. In the MTC I got really sick again and the Doctor's decided I could no longer serve outside the country. So my call was sent in again. I went for two weeks with out a mission call in the MTC. It was a LONG two weeks but because of prayer and the atonement I made it through. The MTC president sat me down when he had my new call, he asked me where I thought I was going, and told him I am going to New York, right!? He was very shaken and said how did you know!? I have always felt like the Lord needed me to serve in NY. I think I just needed to learn Albanian first, and good thing I did, I have already met an Albanian. I know that the Lord has a plan for each of us and that if we TRUST in him that is when things work out. I am so grateful for the trials I recieve to build my OWN testimony, and to KNOW through PRAYER and reading the Book of Mormon that this church is true. As I have always said "I do what I want", I am doing what I want right now in life and loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment