Friday, November 4, 2011

CHUBBY BUNNY



CHUBBY BUNNY






"Testimony will come to you in pieces as parts of the whole truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ are confirmed. For instance, as you read and ponder the Book of Mormon, verses you have read before will appear new to you and bring new ideas. Your testimony will grow in breadth and in depth as the Holy Ghost confirms that they are true. Your living testimony will expand as you study, pray, and ponder in the scriptures."
-President Henry B. Eyring
Usually, I do not show pictures of myself stuffing my face...in this case I believe it’s going to be worth it :)
This morning we woke up at an hour that I did not even know existed…5 a.m.... So that my companion and I could attend early morning seminary and talk with the youth about serving missions. As we shared mission experiences, I realized that it was not just one experience that made my mission but it was loads that did. I started to think about my testimony and how I gained it 

I remember as a young woman I was never confident in the church. I always felt that I was just there listening and not acting upon what was said. As I got older I realized that it was not going to be one event that secured my testimony, but many. When we think that one experience is enough that is when Heavenly Father sends us another one. Always remember that you must build upon what you have to continue to have that firm testimony that comes piece by piece. You can see in my pictures, it was not just one marshmallow that filled my mouth, but piece by piece I was able to get 13 in and win the chubby bunny contest :) 


***DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME***
(C)LV2011
www.mormon.org

2 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing! i was just called to teach RS & my first lesson this month is on the talk by elder bednar, The Spirit of Revelation. This perfectly goes along with what he was saying about small experiences of feeling the holy ghost & dramatic miracles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kayli-
    I am so happy you were able to apply it! Good luck with your new calling!!!! RS is the BEST

    ReplyDelete