Saturday, November 12, 2011

Pick a Sword any Sword!


Pick a Sword any Sword!

While serving a mission I have discovered some of my favorite things....One of the things I have fallen in love with is looking for “swords” throughout the scriptures. It was during my transfer (6 week period) with Sister Carver that I discovered the use of swords in the scriptures. Every morning during “companionship study” we would pick a “sword” to use throughout our day…figuratively speaking.  So here began my spiritual quest to find swords within the scriptures.

So far I have found…
·       Sword of Justice
·       Flaming Sword
·       Sharp Sword
·      Sword of Laban
·       Sword of the Spirit
·    Two-edged sword

When I broke the news of going home to Sister Carver, she told me I would have to pick a final sword to take home with me. As I pondered my weapon of choice, I realize that I could relate to Nephi in the Book of Mormon. In 1st Nephi, it tells a story about how the sons have to go back to Jerusalem to get the brass plates. The first time the sons of Lehi tried to get these plates, they proved to be unsuccessful. However, they decided to try again! The second try, they took everything they owned and they tried to give it to the king so that they could get the plates. In turn the King stole everything, and the son’s came back empty handed…On the Third try, Nephi went in, not knowing beforehand what he should do, but he was lead by the spirit. The spirit told him to kill the King, who was drunk and then take the plates. Nephi DID NOT WANT TO! However, he went forth according to the spirit. In the end he was able to get the brass plates.

On my FIRST try to serve a mission I received a call to serve in Albania. After about 14 weeks in the Mission Training Center it just didn't work out. After that I got my SECOND chance to serve in the Rochester, New York Mission. I tried my best, and did all I could, but it has come time to go home...So NOW for my THIRD chance, I get to go home, but this time I am going with the SWORD OF LABAN. I do not know what will happen, but I do know I am being lead by the Spirit :]
I love how we can relate the Book of Mormon to our Lives!
(C)LV2011

No comments:

Post a Comment