Tuesday, July 12, 2011

DTR....Determine the relationship

Dating
Do not worry, I was over sixteen :)
“The Lord has made us attractive one to another for a great purpose. But this very attraction becomes as a powder keg unless it is kept under control. . . . It is for this reason that the Church counsels against early dating.” (President Gordon B. Hinckley).


Senior Prom
A Girls Mind:
First Date- "Going to the temple and were gonna' get married......"

First College Date






A Boys Mind:
First Date- "Should I get the shrimp and steak or should I get the chicken and steak?"

Dating in your youth, or even as a young adult can be and will be a little bit awkward. However it does not always have to be! If we follow the guidelines in the FOR THE STRENGTH OF THE YOUTH pamphlet we can learn to build lasting relationships and EVENTUALLY (key word youth :) find our eternal companions.

Scavenger Hunt
Through out my teenage years and even my first few years at college, I chose to DATE. I knew that if I was going to find a boy I liked, I would have to date a lot of them to find a perfect one. I am so glad that I chose to follow the prophet and not steady date. It kept me out of trouble and helped me develop friendships and even gain those "great date stories" that are so much fun to tell.
He's Married now......just friends 

After talking with lots of people both young and old I have come up with a few Do's and Dont's for both girls and boys when it comes to dating!
* BOYS- Call the girls to ask them out, do NOT just text them....
-GIRLS- be willing to try new things..whether it be rock climbing, biking, golfing, hiking, ect
*BOYS- Always open the door for the girls no matter where you are going
-GIRLS- Always say thank you for the wonderful date, even if it was not
*BOYS- Always make the first date short, just enough to get them hooked :)
                                             -GIRLS- Don't talk about ex boyfriends or really personal information
Mission farewell, make sure you send them off!

TO ALL:
-Never TEXT ON A DATE...EVER
- Always say please and thank you
-Don't just talk about yourself, get to know your date
-Go on FUN and Creative dates
-Chew with your mouth closed
-BE YOURSELF

What are some great date ideas....comment!!!

www.mormon.org

1 comment:

  1. Hockey Game! Fights, blood, goals, glory - PERFECT!!!

    ReplyDelete