Wednesday, July 6, 2011

WAIT WHAT DID YOU SAY!?


Language
“Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good”
 (Ephesians 4:29).''
The first thing I thought of when I thought of Language was "cuss words". After thinking about it all of my Speech Communication classes I came to the realization that it is YOU and only YOU that controls your language. You develop your own habits when you hang out with certain people, listen to bad music, or watch sketchy television. It is always your choice to participate in those things. If you have a problem with language all I can say to you is that you need to change it. In one of my Speech Communication classes at Utah State we discussed how fowl language is used. Most of the time it is used when someone has nothing better to say because their vocabulary is not extensive, so to be simple it makes you look dumb. HOWEVER, that's okay, you can change. When I got to New York, our Director Elder Lenker taught us if we want our language to change and our thoughts we would need to read the scriptures. After reading the scriptures every day I have been able to see the changes in my thoughts and in my language. Do NOT be afraid to pray for help, I promise your language and thoughts change you will be happier and more respected :)
Most people think that the concept of GOSSIP only exists in High School. Well sorry its a MYTH! It is something that exists from the time you can talk all the way until you take your last breath. It happens in school, work, church, mutual, missions, sports, and hair salons. Gossip is something we thrive on! I have realized that sometimes its hard to find other things to even talk about. Many times in my life I should have kept my mouth shut. In the end it only hurt people, and broke the trust that was built up. Even though it might be nice to hear all of the good rumors but it is only harmful...The next time you want to say something you should not picture this tar in your hands and the how hard it would to be clean it up.



1 comment:

  1. Soooo clare i have been looking for your new address for awhile and i have now found your blog!! i miss you miss clare bear especially because i think we would have so much fun at efy! Keep being amazing my loverly spiritually friend! Love youuuuu!

    Kayla

    ReplyDelete