Friday, July 1, 2011

Pullin' the Trigger

Entertainment & the Media

“If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.”


What does this license plate make you think of?
Yes it is true, it makes you think of my first literary love, Harry Potter.....


"Whatever you read, listen to, or look at has an effect on you. Therefore, choose only entertainment and media that uplift you. Good entertainment will help you to have good thoughts and make righteous choices. It will allow you to enjoy yourself without losing the Spirit of the Lord."
-FOR THE STRENGTH OF THE YOUTH

                         
It is true, what we read or listen to or even look at can trigger thoughts in our minds. When I first saw this license plate, I relived all of my Harry Potter moments. I remembered all of the times we would squish on the couch to hear my mom read the novels over and over again. I remembered my little brother Max and I fighting over who got to read it again, or listen to the books on tapes. Overall it triggeredsomething maybe not bad, but it sparked a thought in your mind.
 After looking at all of these pictures, I am sure some thought was triggered. Whether it be religion, "I'm lovin' it," eternal families, computer time, Nephi building a boat, or Christmas. These pictures made you think about something! Anything and Everything WILL trigger thoughts in our minds. If the thoughts are not wholesome then we must not entertain these thoughts. That is why the prophet has asked us to be careful. I know that sometimes I will say, one bad movie is okay because I can just pick and choose. However its not the consistency of me watching bad movies, but its what the one bad movie will trigger in my mind.

There are millions of ways to get fill our minds with good thoughts and not the "have our minds in the gutter" as my mom would say. We are surrounded by bad music, movies, pictures, websites so we must come up with a way to PROTECT OURSEVLES. One of the ways I liked to get bad thoughts out of my mind is by singing a primary song in my head or saying a prayer.

    


WHAT ARE SOME WAYS YOU GET YOUR MIND OUT OF THE GUTTER!?


sista v bowling summer of 2008

SO YOU CAN GET A STRIKE!

No comments:

Post a Comment