Wednesday, August 24, 2011

***FALEMINDERIT***

BE GREATFUL

I am GRATEFUL for the Restoration

"Be grateful. There are two little words in the
English language that perhaps mean more than all
others. They are “thank you.” Comparable words are
found in every other language, such as gracias, merci,

danke, obrigado, domo.The habit of saying thank you is the mark of an educated man or woman." -President Hinckley

I am GRATEFUL for my Savior
"Thank the Lord for His goodness to you. Thank
the Almighty for His Beloved Son, Jesus Christ, who
has done for you what none other in all this world
could do. Thank Him for His great example, for His
tremendous teachings, for His outreaching hand
to lift and help. Think about the meaning of His
Atonement. Read about Him and read His words in
the New Testament and in 3 Nephi in the Book of
Mormon. Read them quietly to yourself and then
ponder them. Pour out your heart to your Father in
Heaven in gratitude for the gift of His Beloved Son.
Thank the Lord for His marvelous Church re-
stored in this great season of history. Thank Him for
all that it offers you. Thank Him for friends and loved
ones, for parents and brothers and sisters, for family.

Let a spirit of thanksgiving guide and bless your day and nights. Work at it. You will find it will yield wonderful results."- President Hinckley
I am GRATEFUL for my Friends :]
Recently I have realized how LUCKY I am. I get to serve where the gospel of Jesus Christ was restored to earth again. I get to go to the Sacred Grove on a regular basis where Joseph Smith saw God the Father and his son Jesus Christ. I get to teach people about the Restoration at the actual birthplace of it. I just want to share with you how grateful I am. President Hinckley taught me that I need to pour out my heart for everything and anything. If we were to just stop for ONE second and think about what we are grateful for we would see how lucky we are. One of the things that I have tried to do on my mission is to say one prayer a day that is all about what I am grateful for. I can not tell you how hard it was at first to not ask for anything, but as I practiced I found that I got a lot better at it and I also recognized how much I had in my life. It really helped me to forget myself and help others...Can you do it? Can you say one prayer a day that is only about being Grateful...
I dare you to try :]
I promise you will see things change!



No comments:

Post a Comment