Thursday, September 22, 2011

On a plane, in a train, or in the rain...


Be Prayerful
“You cannot do it alone.”
-President Hinckley


Why is it, that in life, we make the easiest things the hardest things? Prayer is one of those easy things. We can pray on a plane, in a train, or in the rain. We pray so that we can develop a relationship with our Heavenly Father. When my companion and I teach prayer, we describe it as a relationship with one of our best friends.
 Now think about your best friend....
*you can tell them anything
*they are who you go to when you need to talk
*they are who help you with your problems
* you can always go to them and ask for a favor
*we always thank them for the things they do for us
*we are continually building a relationship with them
My Albanian District :]
That is what our Heavenly Father is there for. If we were to treat it just like talking to a friend, we would want to do it all of the time. I learned a lot about prayer while in the Mission Training Center. In the midst of a reassignment from Albania, I had to pray to make sure I was supposed to continue. They had told me it might be better for my health to call it quits... I knew it was not really a decision I could make without turning to prayer. Those many days I went without a mission call i did not just say prayers, but i prayed. I poured my heart and soul out as if I was talking to my best friend. After saying a prayer, I would just sit and listen to the promptings that would come from the Holy Ghost. I can tell you prayer became easy, my answer had come. I knew I needed to continue no matter where I was called, and it would still be hard, but my answer was to just go forward and keep praying.... All I can say is that through that entire experience we became best friends. 

Motra Reynolds, Motra Vati, Motra Read
“You need His help, and you know that you need His help. You cannot do it alone. You will come to realize that and recognize that more and more as the years pass. So live that in good conscience you can speak with the Lord. Get on your knees and thank Him for His goodness to you and express to Him the righteous desires of your hearts. The miracle of it all is that He hears. He responds. He answers not always as we might wish He would answer, but there is no question in my mind that He answers.”
-President Hinckley


CLV(C)


No comments:

Post a Comment