Sunday, September 11, 2011

So you're hot whatever.......

So you're hot whatever....
“The Lord has made us attractive one to another for a great purpose. But this very attraction becomes as a powder keg unless it is kept under control. It is beautiful when handled in the right way. It is deadly if it gets out of hand.”-President Hinckley

My Friend, Rica Molet's, art work, this is me on fire!
This was my favorite part of President Hinckleys talk. He was very up front and forward about dating and relationships. We are going to think others are HOT and that is OKAY! Our job is just to make sure we keep that "keg" under control. 

When your a missionary you TAKE on your Saviors Name...better be worthy of it :]
“You young men (I will add women) who plan to go on missions must recognize that sexual sin may keep you from that opportunity. You may think that you can hide it. Long experience has shown that you cannot. To serve an effective mission you must have the Spirit of the Lord, and truth withheld does not mix with that Spirit. Sooner or later you will feel compelled to confess your earlier transgressions
-President Hinckley





When I decided to go on a mission I was about 20 1/2 years old. Before that I had ABSOLUTELY no DESIRE whatsoever to serve. However because I listened to the prophets, leaders and my parents council I was worthy to serve. While in the Mission Training Center (and I was there long enough to know) there were many missionary's who went home because of their past transgressions, it always comes out. If you have messed up, fix it and get over it! Do not let it haunt you for the rest of your life, use the atonement and understand that your Heavenly Father loves you. Please DATE, and DATE a lot, but just remember don't cross the line. 


“My dear young friends, in matters of sex you know what is right. You know when you are walking on dangerous ground, when it is so easy to stumble and slide into the pit of transgression. I plead with you to be careful, to stand safely back from the cliff of sin over which it is so easy to fall. Keep yourselves clean from the dark and disappointing evil of sexual transgression. Walk in the sunlight of that peace which comes from obedience to the commandments of the Lord”
-President Hinckley


Youth, DO NOT become a hazard. When you think you are going to get in trouble, you probably are. That is the Holy Ghost telling you to run, so you better run fast. I am learning now, that as I am obedient I find success, I KNOW that as all of you are obedient you will find success in your relationships.
And so you're hot whatever.... :]        



www.mormon.org
The girl who played with fire picture : 
http://irica.wordpress.com/my-work/- please ask before you take :)

No comments:

Post a Comment