Friday, September 2, 2011

Tats, Rings,& bling

Tats, rings, & bling

“If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are” (1 Cor. 3:16–17).”


I conducted a tattoo experiment. I will not lie, I have always wanted a tattoo. My companion drew this one on me, and I wore it for a day. It was SO distracting. I noticed it a lot! At first I thought it was so cute, and I loved it. As the day went on I realized how often I would see it and how it reminded me of the blessings I would be missing out on. Thank heavens it was just pen and I could rinse it all off, and it was not permanent. 


"I promise you that the time will come, if you have
tattoos, that you will regret your actions. They cannot
be washed off. They are permanent. Only by an expensive and painful process can they be removed. If you are tattooed, then probably for the remainder of
your life you will carry it with you. I believe the time
will come when it will be an embarrassment to you.
Avoid it. We, as your Brethren who love you, plead
with you not to become so disrespectful of the body
which the Lord has given you"
-President Hinckley


My Brother and I...Bling Night

"May I mention earrings and rings placed in other parts of the body. These are not manly. They are not attractive. You young men look better without them, and I believe you will feel better without them. As for the young women, you do not need to drape rings up and down your ears. One modest pair of earrings is sufficient."
-President Hinckley


Palmyra New York Temple :]
All I can tell you is that we do NOT need these things to look beautiful. What we want is to enter the House of the Lord or the Temple. It is in there that we can make promises that are everlasting. The Temple is something beautiful and we are instructed to keep ourselves pretty like a temple. It always comes down to the bigger picture. A tattoo or earring might look good while you are young, but in 30 years...think again. If you have tattoo's already that is okay, but you can start now and commit to not get anymore. Take out the extra earrings, show the faith and receive blessings. Remember it is a principle with promise, when we do what we have been asked to we WILL BE BLESSED :] 

www.mormon.org




No comments:

Post a Comment