Friday, September 16, 2011

Freckles


Be Humble

"The Lord has said, “Be thou humble; and the Lord
thy God shall lead thee by the hand, and give thee
answer to thy prayers” (D&C 112:10)
-President Hinckley


I have found that working with children is a very humbling experience. They always remind me that we must become like a child if we are going to learn as quick as a child. In the above picture, I was doing math with a little girl. We were trying to count to 20. I asked her "what would help you?", and she said, your freckles. All I could do was laugh, who would have thought to use my freckles to do math. She showed that shes was willing to learn and she would do it any way. I had to humble myself and let this little girl use my face as her counter. What I loved about this analogy, is that she asked and she was given. It was not the most conventional way but she rolled with it!


“I believe the meek and the humble are those who are teachable. They are willing to learn. They are willing to listen to the whispering's of the still, small voice for guidance in their lives. They place the wisdom of the Lord above their own wisdom.”
-President Hinckley


What President Hinckley has said is be be teachable. There is nothing more teachable than a child. They are so willing to learn because their knowledge is increasing. When we listen to the still small voice that is when we get the best answers. We can try our hardest to do things on our own, or we can ask and listen to what our loving Heavenly Father wants for us. When we do that, it is when we get the best results. When we are humble that is when we are blessed. In the beginning I did NOT want to serve a mission. I really wanted to stay home, finish school and find a stallion to start my life with. However I humbled myself and listened to the Holy Ghost and ended up exactly where I needed to be. 




www.mormon.org
CLV(C)

No comments:

Post a Comment