Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Nineteen Post's to a better 'but'


FOR STRENGTH OF WHAT?! FOR STRENGTH OF YOUTH!
While I was trying to decide what to blog about it hit me, literally. We had taken a sharp turn in the car and a FOR STRENGTH THE  OF YOUTH pamphlet flew into my lap. I would LOVE to share my experiences with FOR THE STRENGTH OF THE YOUTH.

FOR THE STRENGTH OF YOU
Now,  THE "BUT". I remember the High School days when I would be asked to do many things that would potentially lead me to some awful outcomes. I would always start my sentence with "I WOULD BUT, I CAN'T." After reading the FOR THE STRENGTH OF THE YOUTH pamphlet. I came to realize it is not the "but," but it is the BLESSINGS that are available to me that give me a reason to follow these standards.
Even the Nature loves FSOY

  In any good book I usually start with the Title Page so I can understand clearly WHAT I am reading and WHY I am reading it. The First page in the FOR THE STRENGTH OF THE YOUTH pamphlet is from the First Presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. They are the Men who lead and guide this church, as I read this I realized how MUCH they care for the YOUTH, and how much they LOVE us! Throughout this message it is mentioned that these are merely GUIDELINES. That is something I love about this church. It is our choice to do these things. All of the GUIDELINES in this pamphlet are to only benefit and bless our lives. I think of it like a coupon, we don't have to use them, but when we do the cost is less and we can afford to buy more. When we CHOOSE to follow these guidelines we will enjoy more blessings in our lives and live in a happier state!

    Message from the First Presidency

Our beloved young men and women, we have great confidence in you. You are choice spirits who have come forth in this day when the responsibilities and opportunities, as well as the temptations, are the greatest. You are at the beginning of your journey through this mortal life. Your Heavenly Father wants your life to be joyful and to lead you back into His presence. The decisions you make now will determine much of what will follow during your life and throughout eternity. Because the Lord loves you, He has given you commandments and the words of prophets to guide you on your journey. Some of the most important guidelines for your life are found in this pamphlet. We testify that these principles are true. We promise that as you keep these standards and live by the truths in the scriptures, you will be able to do your life’s work with greater wisdom and skill and bear trials with greater courage. You will have the help of the Holy Ghost. You will feel good about yourself and will be a positive influence in the lives of others. You will be worthy to go to the temple to receive holy ordinances. These blessings and many more can be yours.
We pray for each of you. May you keep your minds and bodies clean from the sins of the world so you can do the great work that lies before you. We pray that you will be worthy to carry on the responsibilities of building the kingdom of God and preparing the world for the Second Coming of the Savior.
The First Presidency
  


Throughout the next few blogs I want to share my experiences of how I learned all of these different guidelines. I remember a lesson I had in Young Women's (the program for youth in the church) about FOR THE STRENGTH OF THE YOUTH. My leader had us cross out the TH of youth and read it as FOR THE STRENGTH OF YOU! She taught us that these things we are learning are not just for our YOUTH but for our LIFE. It does not matter the age of someone, these principles will always apply. I would LOVE to hear how these principles have played a role in your life.





I liked this picture because the trees look like they form a gate. When we follow these GUIDELINES we enter into the gate that helps us stay on the straight and narrow path that leads us to eternal life.

I know its true and its for you!
check out www.mormon.org   :)
You can also order your own free copy of the Book of Mormon!





No comments:

Post a Comment